The Tracey C. Barnes Scholarship Fund, Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization named after Tracey C. Barnes, wife of Jimmy Barnes, mother of Tiara, Tiana, Tyler, and Taylor, who passed away in January 2006 of Breast Cancer. Since her passing, the family has formed the organization which is dedicated to higher education and breast health awareness.
The Scholarship Fund recognizes and assists outstanding high school graduates in reducing financial burdens for college, as well as educating the community about Breast Cancer Awareness. Recipients are selected on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement. Each scholar will be awarded a total of $500 for their freshman year or continuance of education.
Past scholarship winners have been selected from Ewing, Trenton Central, Steinert, and West Windor-Plainsboro South High School (Mercer County, New Jersey). The foundation has also awarded book awards to seniors throughout Mercer county as debutantes and participants of the Gentlemen’s Ball. Recipients of both awards have gone on to attend colleges and universities such as Rutgers University, Mercer County Community College, Elizabethtown College, Scranton University, Cornell University, Johnson C. Smith University, Central State University, Cedarville University, Kean University, the University of Delaware, Winston Salem State University, The College of New Jersey, Morehouse College, and the Advanced Software Analysis Institute.
2013 Scholarship Winners
The TCBSF Scholarship Fund, Inc. would like to congratulate the following young ladies on being selected as our 2013 recipients and graduates of the class of 2013:
Bucks County Technical High School (Fairless Hills, PA), North Carolina A&T State University
Rancocas Valley Regional High School (Mount Holly, NJ), Burlington County College
Ewing High School (Ewing, NJ), Howard University
- U.S. high school graduating seniors. and, eligible adults continuing higher education (with proof of enrollment)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Acceptance in an accredited U.S. college full-time for the entire 2014-2015 academic year
- 2014 Scholarship Application
- Official high school transcript (college transcript or class schedule/grades for adults)
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors and/or other advisers (exempt for adults)
- A 500 word essay on how breast cancer has affected you or someone you know, as well as, your thoughts on preventing breast cancer.
- Past and current involvement, as well as future plans towards making a difference in your community
- Resume optional, not required, but encouraged
APPLICATION PROCESS & AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS
Applications for the 2014 year are now being accepted! Please download and complete the 2014 Scholarship Application.
Please send your completed application package to: Tracey C. Barnes Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 7631, Trenton, NJ 08628. Packages should be postmarked no later than Friday, May 9, 2014. For additional information, contact Jimmy Barnes at (609) 379-3048 or by email at email@example.com, or Tyler Barnes at Barnes29@tcnj.edu. Selected scholarship recipients will be notified via mail and email. A small award may be presented at senior awards night as well.
Tracey was a devoted mother, wife and LPN. Help us in our cause to spread the message of early detection and breast cancer prevention awareness in the community.
November 1, 2016
The Tracey C. Barnes Scholarship Fund, Inc is currently exploring new opportunities for assistance with providing awards to qualified applicants.
All Scholarship awards are postponed until further notice.