The Tracey C. Barnes Scholarship Fund, Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization named after Tracey C. Barnes, wife of Jimmy Barnes, mother of Tiara, Tiana, Tyler and Taylor, who passed away in January 2006 of Breast Cancer. Since her passing, the family has formed the organization which is dedicated to higher education and breast cancer research.
The Scholarship Fund recognizes and assists outstanding high school graduates in reducing financial burdens for college, as well as, educating the community about Breast Cancer Awareness. Recipients are selected on the basis of financial need, academic achievement and community involvement. Each scholar will be awarded a total of $1,000 for their freshman year and additional $100 book award for their sophomore school year upon completion of 20 hours of volunteer work with the scholarship foundation.
- U.S. high school graduate
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Acceptance in an accredited U.S. college full-time for the entire 2011-2012 academic year
- Completed TCBSF application
- Official High School transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors and/or other advisors
- A 500 word essay on how breast cancer has affected you or someone you know, as well as, your thoughts on preventing breast cancer.
- Past and current involvement, as well as, future plans towards making a difference in your community
APPLICATION PROCESS & AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please send your completed application package to “Tracey C. Barnes Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 7631, Trenton, NJ 08618. Applications must be postmarked by May 2, 2012. Scholars for the 2011-2012 scholarship program will be notified via mail and presented at your schools Awards Ceremony, as well as, the “All Linen Affair” time and place to be announced. For additional information, contact Jimmy Barnes at (609) 538-0427 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Tracey was a devoted mother, wife and LPN. Help us in our cause to spread the message of early detection and breast cancer prevention awareness in the community.